Thursday, November 12, 2015

Inside Out...Out Now!!



Over the summer the kids and I went to see Inside Out at the drive-in.  We all completely adored it.  When I received the opportunity to review the film when it was released to DVD and Blu-ray last week I jumped at the chance.  To me, Inside Out is one of those  movies you will watch again and again...it is that great.  Have you seen the movie yet?  In case you haven't (what are you waiting for??), here is the scoop...


Do you ever look at someone and wonder what's going on inside their head? Disney-Pixar's "Inside Out" takes an exciting and hilarious journey into the mind to find the answer. Based in Headquarters, the control center of 11-year-old Riley's mind, five emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy. She strives to make sure Riley stays happy as she operates alongside fellow emotions Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. It's "an instant classic," raves Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times. Experience it like never before on Disney Blu-ray!    
 
Our Thoughts:  This movie was just as great the 2nd time (and 3rd and 4th!!) time around.  Our family flat out loves it.  Pixar has created a film that appeals to young and old alike and tackles the complex concept of human emotions in a way that is both hilarious and touching.  As a parent, I particularly appreciated how emotions  were portrayed as all having  an important role and none were "bad".   
 
The kids and I laughed over "Anger" losing his temper about things and about the nervous ways of Fear.  We rejoiced right along with Joy when Riley would succeed and I definitely got teary eyed about the times when Sadness would come into play (the voice of "Phyllis" from The Office is perfection!).  I am also not going to lie, I still have a lump in my throat over the parts with Bing Bong.  He was my absolute favorite character.

Inside Out is a must see and a must own.  This movie got me talking to the kids about feelings and memories in a way that was easy for them to relate to and understand.  This is a family favorite movie and one I encourage everyone, no matter what age, to watch.  You will love it!  Pick up your copy today on Amazon,

1 comment:

Laura said...

This was a really cute movie! :)