Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Wonder Years: The Complete Series! Available Now!

I have been writing here at Reviewed by Mom for more than 5 years.  I can't believe how fast that went!  I have worked with lots of great companies (big and small) and I still get excited when I see the mailman because it often means something great is coming my way that I then in turn get to share with you.  Sometimes my excitement about what is in the package makes me cartwheel more than others.  Take this recent delivery...

Do you know what this is readers!?  It is ALL 115 episodes of The Wonder Years together for the first time (EVER) and it is contained in a locker.  Adorable!  If I could have done a backflip I would have over this.  I LOVED The Wonder Years when I was growing up and I couldn't wait to dive back into the life of Kevin Arnold!  Here are the specifics....


For six seasons, The Wonder Years captured the angst of growing up in suburban middle-class America in the late '60s, as seen through the life and times of Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage).  Audiences eagerly followed his evolution as a typical awkward teenager who remembered every moment of his transition from childhood with excruciating detail and remarkable hindsight.  From  his first kiss with Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar) to his friendship with Paul Pfeiffer (Josh Saviano) and the ups and downs of the Arnold family, fans shared in laughter, love, and loss, but above all, wonder.  Now, the complete landmark series is available for the first time at retail in two deluxe collector's editions that contain all 115 episodes across 26 DVDs, along with over 23 hours of bonus features, which includes exclusive new interviews with the entire cast, the first cast reunion in more than 16 years, 11 newly-produced featurettes and much more!
 
THE COMPLETE SERIES INCLUDES:
All 115 Episodes on 26 DVDs in a slipcase box.
Two notebooks with detailed episode information.
Plus over 23 hours of bonus features including:
The first Cast Reunion in 16 years
Exclusive interviews with the creators, cast and crew
Newly-produced featurettes
And never-before-seen outtakes of Kevin and Winnie s first kiss

 
My Thoughts:  I knew I was going to love this before I even opened it and I was certainly not disappointed.  The Wonder Years is one of those classic shows that just gets better with time and still manages to stay relevant.  The Wonder Years was really a groundbreaking show with topics covering Kevin's coming of age, family life and relationships and the ways people grow and change through the years.  It is simply a must watch show and, if you watched it in the 80's and 90's like I did, it is without a doubt a must "re-watch" show.  It never gets old.
 
On top of the charming, moving and often funny moments in the episodes they feature some of the best music on a TV Show. The music is almost as good as the show! 
 
Even though The Wonder Years has been off the air for many years, I STILL remembered the last line of the show because is resonated with me even then and even more so now....
 
"Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place, a town, a house, like a lot of houses. A yard like a lot of other yards. On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years, I still look back... with wonder."
 
I think the writers nailed it with this line and with the entire series.  They took an "average " family and showed what made them extraordinary and it was magic.  Buy this DVD series for yourself or give it as a gift.  I promise you won't be disappointed!  You can buy it here from Amazon.  Happy Watching!
 

No comments: