Monday, August 22, 2016

McDonald's Summer Fare....Review!

We have taken a few road trips this summer and that has been lots of fun.  We have seen some beautiful places and spent some great quality time together  We have also, like many "road tripping" families, eaten lots of quick and easy food.  Whenever we suggest grabbing food on the go, the kids almost always want McDonald's.  Like with most kids, it is a big favorite and it is always a quick and easy option.

I was recently contacted by McDonald's to check out their summer offerings....lobster rolls and blueberry and creme pies so the next time we were on the run with the kids we decided to make a stop at McDonald's to try out these new summertime eats.  The kids stuck with their "usual" orders of nuggets but my husband and I ordered the lobster roll and pie.  Because I don't eat lobster (shh....don't tell!  I am pretty sure liking "lobstah" is a real Mainer must!) I let my husband be the judge of the lobster roll and I had the blueberry pie for lunch.  Pie for lunch?!  Life is good!

The lobster roll is 100% real North Atlantic Lobster and this mattered in a big way to my husband.  My husband grew up in a fishing family and starting to work on a fishing boat when he was a kid.   When he heard "McDonald's Lobster Roll" he was suspicious because he KNOWS good lobster rolls.  To be honest, I felt nervous for McDonald's with this tough critic onboard.  Something I didn't feel nervous about was the price.  The lobster roll is only $8.99 which is a steal and you can make it a value meal with fries and a soda for under $12!

The lobster roll arrived on a toasty roll in a bed of lettuce with a very generous serving of lobster.  It looked great but what would my husband think?  His first word?  "Wow"!  He was prepared to be disappointed after years of lobster right off the boat but he was very pleased with the quality and the taste and would order one again.  That is the highest praise from someone who has stood in lines that snaked around lobster shacks for a famed lobster roll!

Now, I am sorry to say I did not take a picture of my pie.  It was long gone before I realized I hadn't snapped a photo!  I use the term "my pie" loosely because as soon as the kids saw what I was eating they had to "help" me by trying it out too (thanks kids!).  This flaky crust pie, bursting with blueberries just screamed summertime and was gone in about a minute!

If you are looking for a summertime treat be sure to head over to McDonald's and try their lobster roll and blueberry pie before this limited time offering is gone.  You won't be disappointed!  Also, be sure to follow McDonald's on Twitter and Instagram.

Disclosure:  I was provided with product coupons in order to facilitate this review but the thoughts and opinions provided are 100% my own.



1 comment:

Julie Waldron said...

Lobster Roll sounds interesting, we're in Michigan so we don't have them at our McDonald's. I've never had lobster but it was on my 20 year old daughter's "bucket list" to try it. She had it last year when she visited Cape Cod, she said it was okay. We don't have the Blueberry Cream Pies either, I'm not a big Blueberry Pie fan but I do love their Peach Cream Pies. :)