Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Calm Before the Storm....

As many of you know I am a Mainer.  I have lived her my entire life and one would think that would have me used to cold and snowy winters but I still find myself getting wimpy and more than a little whiny when the temperatures plummet.  This winter we have actually not had a ton of snow but it has been a lot of ice which I find to be even less fun.  It is hard for the kids (and me!) to get out there and play because the of icy, hard ground. 

Yesterday was a true gift of  day though.  2 days ago we got just over 4 inches of snow  but yesterday the temperatures rose into the 50's.  What does this mean to a Mainer??  Well, my kids were outside playing basketball in t-shirts and I laced up my sneakers and had a wonderful run.  I love to run but icy sidewalks and roads make it a real challenge this time of year.  I enjoyed every second of that run yesterday and it is a good thing because I really needed that boost because I have a few races coming up that I am woefully unprepared for (more on that another time!).  Here is a view from my run  yesterday.....
Lovely isn't it?  Today we are bracing ourselves for a Nor'easter!  The kids are home for a snow day and the first flakes are just starting to fly now.  I have a feeling I will be trading my run in today for a workout that consists of shoveling!  Is there any snow falling where you are?  If so, stay warm!

No comments: