Thursday, March 16, 2017

PB&J Overnight Oatmeal 



On most weekday mornings I am in a rush.  Like many others we have a busy household and no matter how well prepared we are mornings are always a scramble.  Despite busy starts it is important to me that everyone eats something nutritious to start the day off right.  We rely on "grab and go" type things and today I am eating something I whipped up last night in about two minutes that is SO delicious!! 

I made PB&J Overnight Oatmeal (recipe to follow) knowing my morning would be busy today.  This  morning I grabbed it and it not only was it delicious, it was packed with fiber, calcium, iron and protein.  Win!!  This is a great recipe for the entire family and it takes just the tiniest bit of planning.  You could make a big batch and have breakfast for the whole family ready to go.  Enjoy and please let me know  how you like it!


PB&J Overnight Oatmeal

1/2 Cup Oats (uncooked)
1/2 Cup skim milk
2 TBS peanut butter
2 TBS Jam
1/2 cup chopped apple

Put oats in a container of your choosing (I use mason jars) and cover with the milk.  Layer the peanut butter, then jam then chopped apples.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.   Enjoy!

No comments: