Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Ginger Pickled Carrots Recipe!



I am in salad mode in a big way right now. Summer is coming and it is time to ramp up the healthy eating. Most nights you can find a side salad being served at my house and most days my lunch is a salad with a protein. I am trying readers, I am trying!

The great thing about salads is that they are so versatile. You can always jazz up a salad with something new. These days I am adding colorful ginger pickled carrots to my salads and it is a crisp and tangy addition that gives a great bite.  I am a little addicted to be honest with you!  Here is my recipe and I hope you enjoy it!
Ginger Pickled Carrots

6 carrots peeled into ribbons
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Cup of Sugar
I knob of ginger chopped fine

Put peeled carrots into a mason jar.  Combine all other ingredients and then pour over carrots until they are covered.  Cover with a lid and put in fridge for up to three weeks.  Flavor is best after a couple of days.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Janet W. said...

This sounds really delicious! Carrots are so healthy!

tat2gurlzrock said...

I have never heard of pickled carrots. This looks so good!

Laura said...

I've never heard of pickled carrots before. Sounds interesting. I like carrots!

Anita Jude said...

I have never heard of this before sounds good ..I love carrots and they good for you