Monday, May 1, 2017

Running Update & A Family 5k!

I have  not done a running update in awhile....sorry about that readers!  April was a pretty good running month for me.  I got out quite a bit and managed to get back into  my groove.  The weather has NOT been cooperating though.  It has been rainy, gray and quite cool on most days which doesn't do much for the motivation.  However, on most days I am out there doing at least a few miles although they are still slower than I would like them to be!

My long runs are now at about 8 miles which I am feeling good about.  Right now I am doing 2 shorter runs of 3 miles, 2 mid-length runs of 5 or 6 miles and then one long (8).  I am taking the slow and steady pace so not to bring my bursitis in my knee back or any pesky shin splints.  So far so good (knock on wood!!!). 

Something I am super proud of is our first family 5k.  My husband and I often run together but last weekend all five of us did a 5k and it was wonderful.  I was so proud of my kiddos!!!  I can't wait to sign up for another one with them.  I love running and the peace it brings me and I am glad they seem to enjoy it to.  I also like that it is something we can do as family.  Here we are on race day which was (of course!) a gray and drizzly day.....



I have 2 races coming up in May that I am pumped about.  I have a half marathon in 3 weeks and a 25k trail run Memorial Day weekend.  I have never done a trail run at that distance before so I am a little nervous about that but I am excited for the challenge. 

I am currently on the hunt for some better running shoes.  The ones I have now don't feel as supportive as I would like them to be.  It is the style I have worn for the past couple of years but I am sure the needs of my feet have changed as I have gotten older.  Do you have a brand or style you love?

I would love to hear your running stories or tips so comment below and I will be sure to get back to you.

Happy Running!

1 comment:

Janet W. said...

What a fun family activity to do together! Great job!