Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tung Brush Review and FREE Product Code!!!






I was recently introduced to a product that I didn't even know our family needed but now I wouldn't live without. Like most parents, I  am trying to instill good oral health habits with my kids and they all do a really great job. As you all probably know, brushing alone isn't enough. Obviously you have to floss but did you know your tongue needs special attention too (and I am NOT talking about a quick swipe with your toothbrush as you finish up brushing your teeth!)? You need a Tung Brush! 

In case you didn't know bad breath and other general "yuck" is mostly caused caused by what is hanging out on your tongue.  Ewww!  Here is some insight on what is happening that you probably don't want to  know about but SHOULD know about...

Why Clean Your Tongue?

90% of the bacteria that cause bad breath live on the tongue — not on the teeth or gums. But bad breath, or “chronic halitosis” as the creator of Listerine famously labelled it in the 1920s, isn’t the only reason to clean your tongue — nor, perhaps, the most important.

Where Does Bad Breath Come From?

The same anaerobic bacteria that are blamed for cavities in your teeth form thick colonies known as biofilm, which allow them to thrive in the nooks and crannies of the tongue. There, they consume leftovers from your meals and emit volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) as waste. These VSCs are the primary source of the odor we know as “bad breath.”
Americans spend more than $3 billion every year on mouthwash, gum, breath mints, and other efforts to reduce bad breath. But often, these efforts do little more than mask the problem, as the biofilms full of bacteria are left to eat, multiply, and continue producing foul-smelling waste on the tongue.

Health Implications

Thriving colonies of bacteria in the mouth are a significant contributor to periodontal disease, known commonly as “gum disease.”

What is Periodontal Disease?

According to the American Academy of Periodontology, Periodontal disease is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the gum tissue and bone supporting the teeth. Not only can untreated periodontal disease lead to tooth loss, research has also shown that it is associated with diabetes, cardiovascular disease (“heart disease”) and other chronic inflammatory diseases.

The Bottom Line

Cleaning your tongue with TUNG Brush & TUNG Gel:
  • reduces the number of bacteria living on the tongue
  • helps neutralize the odors produced by bacteria waste
  • can help reduce the risk of periodontal disease, which in turn is linked to diabetes, heart disease, and other health problems.
Pretty staggering right?  Nobody wants bad breathe and even more than that, nobody wants periodontal disease.  Yikes!  Using your regular toothbrush is not a good idea because it isn't wise to cross contaminate with the way  higher levels of bacteria living on your tongue.  Double yikes!  This is why we are now using the Tung Brush in our home.  It's shape is designed to not trigger the gag reflux and I am happy to knowing we are working  hard to get rid of the yuckies living there.

Now of course my kids love trying new things and after I filled them in on the "creeps" living in their mouths they were anxious to give this a go....

As you can see, my daughter thought it was hilarious which is great because when we make things fun it means they will keep doing them!  Now it has become a part of our morning and night routine.  No bad breath here! 

Deal Alert!!  I am so excited to tell you that the maker of the Tung Brush are giving Reviewed by Mom readers and exclusive coupon for a FREE Tung Brush!!  Visit the website HERE and enter the code "9QLHDL" to receive your free brush!  Thanks so much to the folks at Tung Brush for the chance to try this great product and for being so generous with my readers!

Let me know once you receive your brush how you like it.  If you want to learn more you can follow them on Twitter at @Tungbrush.

10 comments:

Lisa Queen said...

A tung brush sounds awesome! I have never heard of one before. Thanks for the product code.

Saundra McKenzie said...

Never heard of but I think I will try it now.

Angela Saver said...

I've just saw these the other day online and would love to try them. Thanks for sharing!

Maryann D. said...

TUNG Brush & TUNG Gel sound like worthwhile products for my family. This is a super deal too.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Julie Waldron said...

I've never heard of these but they sound great. Thanks for sharing!

hannah said...

we have these and they really do work!

accontests6 said...

Awesome!

lana simanovicki said...

These are awesome I have never seen this before

Dianna said...

Oh I wish I had seen these sooner, Our dentist was talking to me about this product.So he had given us a couple , not really like these but the same idea. Thanks

Shakeia Rieux said...

I definitely need to buy a tung brush, instead of using the back part of my toothbrush even though that's what its for. I didn't know that there was a gel too