As you all know, I am an on the go mom of three busy children. We frequent all sorts of fun places like museums,parks, play parks, gyms and yesterday I even sent my twin boys off to kindergarten (sniff....don't get me started!). Because we are so active and busy I am a big fan of convenience. Anything that makes life easier is huge for me. When we are out and about I am often on the hunt for available snacks and all too often I am very disappointed at the available choices. No, I don't want to feed my children from a traditional vending machine packed with candy bars, chips and sodas. So, when company comes along who manages to make yummy, healthy snacks easily available I get super excited. Life's Healthy Pleasures is the answer to the busy mom on the go's pleas for easy and healthy snacks.
Have you heard about Life's Healthy Pleasures? It is a local Maine company who makes healthy snacking easier. Hooray! The company was established in 2008 to fulfill the desire of consumers for healthier snack options in their workplaces, fitness centers and schools. You can find Good on the Go vending machines in local schools, nursing homes and office buildings. I regularly use the one located in the Children's Museum of Maine in Portland. It is full of healthy choices that my children (and me too!) love to snack on. I love being able to visit a place that I know has a variety of foods which are healthy for my family. Here are few more facts about Life's Healthy Pleasures and Good on the Go....a Rafflecopter giveaway
Life's Healthy Pleasures has launched Good on the Go vending, which offers only natural and nutritional snacks and drinks.
- We carefully select only the best tasting snacks and drinks, and offer a wide variety of flavors and types of food and drinks, ranging from organic cookies from Late July, to gluten-free Pop Chips, protein-packed Greek yogurt and more!
- These products do not compete with products offered by traditional vendors (such as Coke, Pepsi, and FritoLay)
- The State’s guidelines for food sales [within public schools] expand the federal rules, requiring all foods and beverages sold in Maine schools to meet or exceed the 5% minimal nutritional value rule for one of eight specified nutrients: protein, vitamins A and C, niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, calcium, and iron. All products offered in our machines comply with the State’s requirements and these products are indeed healthy for our children.
Good on the Go™ machines are visually exciting, managed by high-end electronic controls, and are Internet-enabled. These features and technologies provide:
- The capability to accept credit/debit cards, in addition to any combination of cash and coins
- Guaranteed product delivery system using sensors and electronic controls
- An energy-savings lighting system that uses LED bulbs
- A temperature control system that is compliant with health and safety software regulations which ensures that all products are maintained at safe temperature (i.e., In the event of a power outage where the temperature increases and affects the healthiness of product, the machine will lock-down those items to prevent sale)
- A remote-access monitoring system that alerts management to any developing issue in the equipment.
Fantastic, right? I also want to mention that there is a Good on the Go Honor Box for smaller spaces (teacher lounges or break rooms). You pay as you snack and then the team will replenish just as they would with the vending machines. Perfect!
I have to say.....I am stunned that I am not running into Good on the Go machines everywhere I go. These easy to use machines should be everywhere snacks are served. It is SO important to me that my children eat healthily and it is shameful how often healthy snack choices are simply not available. I say we parents and caretakers do all we can to make sure a Good on the Go machine is an available choice. Let's ditch the junk food machines in favor of snacks we can feel great about from Life's Healthy Pleasures.
To find out more about Life's Healthy Pleasures visit their website at www.lifeshealthypleasures.com. To request a machine or honor box in your space click HERE to get started. You can also stay up-to-date with Good on the Go by liking them on Facebook HERE.
I am delighted to tell you that Life's Healthy Pleasures is giving one lucky RBM reader a prize pack filled with the yummy, healthy snacks featured in the Good on the Go machines. This giveaway is open to readers in Maine only. Thanks so much to Life's Healthy Pleasures and here is how to enter....